[bug #24594] Wrong sort in case-insensitive sort mode

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: current (CVS or snapshot)
        Operating System: GNU/Linux

Details:

When using case-sensitive sort, files in any "special" characters like "." or
"_" in it (especially files with those characters at start) are sorted as
expected:

/__important
/a
/g
/z

But when I turn on case-insensitive mode (since case of my files is somewhat
mixed, it is hard to find myfiles in case-insensitive mode) I get something
like this:

/a
/g
/__important
/z

the "__important" is sorted wrong, it should be on top of the list". mc
probably ignores nonalphanumeric characters, ending up with wrong sort of
files.

I think the sort needs to be fixed. If the "only alphanumeric" sort is
desired for some people, then I think it needs another option to
enable/disable that.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?24594>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/