Re: Further Midnight Commander development

> Many patches(Fedora, debian) applied in one revision at start of
> project, sorry. Many own patches is relative to previous patches.
>
> Is it possible to migrate? Gm... Nothing is impossible :) But this will
> require much effort and time.
Well,, this should be quite easy.
Have a look on the git-svn tool. You should be able to create a git checkout
from your svn stuff.. After this it's very easy to pick each commit and apply
it on the new git repro. This is maybe a effort of ~2-3 hours.

> BTW, Many people do not know English, but use mc. I would like to
> consider a system that allows such people to participate in the
> improvement project.
Well.. as long as the development is in english and in one repository (with
maybe several branches to test things). This is a good idea. If this means to
also have several repros this is in my eyes a very bad idea.

> For example, to establish national sub-projects (bugtrackers), of which
> bugreports translated and transferred to the main (English) project by
> administrators of sub-projects. Administrators do not transfer all
> bugreports - duplicates, invalid bugreports, "wontfix" and etc. remain
> in the sub-project. The main bugreport-system remains clean (developers
> work inly with main bugtracking system).
> Repository source for all subprojects one, so the fixing of bugs will be
> seen in all sub-project. Administrators of subprojects will see comments
> on the revision and would close corresponding bugreports. Or/and will
> see status of own English bugreport and then change status of relative
> bugreport in sub-project.
>
> The scheme of multinational sub-projects are very difficult, but allowed
> very large numbers of people to participate in the development, testing
> and improvement project.
Yes.
I would suggest to start with one repro for the development with a main
bugtracker (which is in english) and then have your bugtracker for the russian
things.
Is this okay for you?

If yes I'll set up a trac on my private server until I find a better solution.
If this repro is ready I'll ping you and we can start to migrate you patches
into the git repro. Is this okay for you (and the rest of the team?)

Greetings
Winnie

--
 . '' ` .   Patrick Winnertz <winnie debian org>
:  :'   :   proud Debian developer, author, administrator, and user