[bug #24038] slow starting of mc

Follow-up Comment #7, bug #24038 (project mc):

I can (re)confirm this problem on RHEL also.

The DNS is well configured. There is no delay running "netstat -a"

I wasn't able to locate any other program with simmilar behaviour on these

Possible hint: some partitions are mounted using NIS.

If you are searching on google after "midnight commander slow start" you'll
see that a lot of people are encountering this issue.

  Message sent via/by Savannah