Re: GNU Midnight Commander 4.6.2-pre1

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 11:01:27PM -0500, kilgota banach math auburn edu wrote:
> Notice the <------> things in what I just copied?
>
> I can kindof see why this was introduced. Presumably, it is an
> indication that the TAB key has been used while the file from which I
> copied was being written.

yes

> But I am not sure if this is a desirable feature, or not.

it is

> I can easily think that, if I want to copy a block of C code from one
> file to another using the mouse, I would feel quite frustrated if this
> is what actually happens with every line where the tab key got used.

just mark the text within mcedit before marking it with the mouse.

but yes, this needs a fix. ctrl-w was supposed to toggle this
*temporarily*, just like ctrl-s toggles syntax highlighting (not
temporarily, which is a bug, imo). more on this can be found in the
respective patch tracker entry.