Switching the internal editor between byte and UTF-8 mode

Hi,

in recent discussions, there has often been the question whether the editor should be converted to UTF-8, and indeed, many Linux distributions have chosen to patch mc so that it does. I would at least like to keep the possibility of editing plain binary files, so I suggest to add a new option to the editor configuration where you can swap between byte-mode and UTF-8 mode.

I currently don't have time to implement it, it's just that it would be nice to have. :)

Roland