[bug #21302] FISH hangs on copying remote file locally right at the end of the copy process. OS is Mac OS X 10.4

Follow-up Comment #10, bug #21302 (project mc):

Thanks for the effort! I could not access the attachment due to a restriction
which has to do with the fact the bug is private. I made it private by mistake
and I don't mind if somebody changes it to public.

However I tested with a fresh checkout from the repository, here are the
results:

Copying a remote file locally and viewing a remote file works.

However I discovered a different problem, when I accidentally tried to view a
text file for which the remote user has no permission. In that case mc hung
again. After some staring in the differences between the old and the new
fish.c I found that the reason for hanging was the forcing errno to zero
(fish.c:636). I did the following change:

$ diff fish.c fishnew.c
636d635
<     errno = 0;
642,643c641,644
<     if (errno != 0)
<       ERRNOR (E_REMOTE, 0);
---
>     if (errno != 0) {
>         errno = 0;
>         ERRNOR (E_REMOTE, 0);
>     }

This seemed to have solved the problem, but then another problem appeared.
This one seems to be different and maybe bigger, because it appears every time
there is an error when a file or a directory is read on the remote system.
When this happens, all the directories on the remote panel suddenly start to
point to a wrong directory on the remote file system. I can file another bug,
or I can continue to discuss the new problem here, which approach do you
prefer?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?21302>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/