Re: mc and utf-8 again but different

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 21:12:28 +0100, Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net> wrote:

P.S. Rostislav, does your patch work with both S-Lang and
ncurses ?

I never compiled mc with ncurses. So I tried it and it didn't work in utf-8 (in iso-8859-2 did). I made fast switch* from ncurses to ncursesw and utf-8 has been repaired. I use in my patch nearly only addstr or addch functions, in some cases I left tty_printf (when printing const string without width limitation). I have found, that addstr from ncursesw shall work in utf-8. I think that mc could handle utf-8 width ncursesw, but it needs to be tested more.

I have remembered, that I maybe forgot to mention one thing about mc-29-vfs.patch. It has own list of supported encodings, that can by used. It contains only some basic encodings now.

* I have edited tty.h, src/Makefile and acinclude.m4, only replace some ncurses with ncursesw