Re: archives

Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net> wrote:

Hello,

I've just fetched the compressed ports tree from:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports-current/ports.tar.gz

I've extracted the archive contents into a temporary directory
and cd-ed into it with MC. In the other panel I've pressed Enter
on the archive. The output in both panels is the same. I am
using MC from CVS. I suggest you to try a MC snapshot and if
that doesn't help report the exact commands that you've used
to create the archive which fools MC.

I tried MC snapshot. It works! It shows correct archive layout.
Thank you. I'm sorry for wasting your time and bandwidth.