Re: [PATCH] mc crashes when temporary directory cannot be created
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net>
- To: Jindrich Novy <jnovy redhat com>
- Cc: MC development <mc-devel gnome org>, Leonard den Ottolander <leonard den ottolander nl>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] mc crashes when temporary directory cannot be created
- Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 16:28:48 +0200 (EET)
On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Jindrich Novy wrote:
On Sat, 2006-12-30 at 20:51 +0200, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
There is an even simpler cure. In mc_tmpdir() when executing
the fallback code pass an absolute path to mc_mkstemps().
This will prevent the loop. However I am not yet conviced
that this is the best solution. I am still investigating.
I am attaching a patch which passes an absolute path to mc_mkstemps()
when invoked from mc_tmpdir(). What do you think about this fix ?
I may add a comment why it is necessary to call mc_mkstemps() with
an absolute path. By the way I think we should add a check whether
the environment variable TMPDIR contains an absolute path. Anyway, I'll
leave this for another patch.
Thanks for the patch. Do you plan to convert the relative paths to
absolute ones when detected?
I think TMPDIR should be ignored in this case. What's your opinion ?
] [Thread Prev