Re: [PATCH] mc crashes when temporary directory cannot be created
- From: Jindrich Novy <jnovy redhat com>
- To: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net>
- Cc: MC development <mc-devel gnome org>, Leonard den Ottolander <leonard den ottolander nl>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] mc crashes when temporary directory cannot be created
- Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:00:42 +0100
On Sat, 2006-12-30 at 20:51 +0200, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> > There is an even simpler cure. In mc_tmpdir() when executing
> > the fallback code pass an absolute path to mc_mkstemps().
> > This will prevent the loop. However I am not yet conviced
> > that this is the best solution. I am still investigating.
> I am attaching a patch which passes an absolute path to mc_mkstemps()
> when invoked from mc_tmpdir(). What do you think about this fix ?
> I may add a comment why it is necessary to call mc_mkstemps() with
> an absolute path. By the way I think we should add a check whether
> the environment variable TMPDIR contains an absolute path. Anyway, I'll
> leave this for another patch.
Thanks for the patch. Do you plan to convert the relative paths to
absolute ones when detected?
] [Thread Prev