Re: Mouse support bugs and a couple of feature requests
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net>
- To: Morten Bo Johansen <mbj spamcop net>
- Cc: Mc-devel gnome org
- Subject: Re: Mouse support bugs and a couple of feature requests
- Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:02:26 +0300 (EEST)
On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:
Stephan Sokolow <ssokolow ssokolow com> wrote:
2. Running mc inside screen inside Konsole (or Yakuake) prevents mouse
support unless explicitly run with the -x option.
You will notice that If you have your $TERM set to something like
screen(.*) then mouse actions do not work, this goes not only for mc, but
for any other app (in my experience). However, if you set it to
xterm(.*), then it works.
I do not know if the reason for this is in screen, the terminal or the
applications, but it is a little annoying.
MC recognizes only a couple of terminals as capable of xterm mouse
reporting. It reads the value of the TERM variable and compares
it a against a fixed list of strings - i.e. xterm, Eterm, etc.
An alternative approach would be to to make this list user
configurable as suggested here:
] [Thread Prev