[bug #18042] cannot specify port number in shell link

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #18042 (project mc):

> Weakness: port number
> and r and C option cannot be used together.
> Port 1 will be interpretted as 'C' option, port 2 as 'r'.

Do I understand correctly that a port number *can* be combined with C _or_ r?
And does one have to specify a port number if one uses 'r'? Please explain any
syntax changes that you introduced.

>From what I remember from earlier investigations to separate out the port
from the other options we need to add an extra variable to some of the
functions. Am I mistaken?

Maybe it's best first to decide on a new option syntax that allows all
combinations and then implement that new syntax?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?18042>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/