Re: Blocking DNS lookup on MC startup

Hello Pavel,

On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 11:53 +0300, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> It is clear that this happens only of smbfs support is enabled.

Why? Because you can only reproduce it once you enable smbfs?

> I see several solutions to this problem:
>
> 1) The user arranges for her/his network setup to be correct

That's always a good idea, but I've heard sourceforge being mentioned
multiple times in relation to this. I think sf users don't have much
influence on the configuration of those systems.

> 2) We fix get_myname() so that it won't perform lookups except
> when asked to do so

Moving the Get_Hostbyname() call to inside the if(ip) seems a proper
solution.

> 3) We remove the call to get_myname() from smbfs_init()

That would assume ip always is NULL. Do you have any indication that it
is?

Rather curious by the way that the only call to get_myname passes NULL
for my_name, but that could be well be caused by the fact that we only
partially include the samba files.

Leonard.