Re: midnight commander reloaded (?)

Hello!

On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 14:53 +0200, Jozef Riha wrote:
> "Summer of Code"-like sponsorship would not probably work due to the
> complexity of the task, limited time and resources.

There is one thing that may work.  We could ask to rewrite mc in another
programming language as proof of maturity of that language.  I hope some
e.g. Ruby programmer would take the challenge of implementing mc in a
few months.  The result would be maintainable, because otherwise it
would be a negative advertising for the language.

Maybe it should be permitted to modify an existing project (I believe
there is a file manager in Python) to match all significant features of
mc.  Although non-Python programmers would be at disadvantage in this
case.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin