select_dirs.patch was Re: AMC patches ported to mc-2006-02-03-13.tar.gz

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

> > > To me it is not obvious. When I see `/' I think root directory.
> > > Anyway, this is just me. What worries me most is the fact that
> > > this patch changes the old behaviour. I'd like to hear what other
> > > people think of it.
> >
> > What about using a trailing "//" (double slash) for dir+file?
>
> It make sense, IMO. And we are not going to change the old behaviour.
> Arpi ?

How should we proceed with this patch. Shall we alter it as Roland
suggested i.e. make the file mask dialog behave as the shell does or
change it as per Arpad Biro's suggestion that trailing double slash (//)
select everything ?