[bug #13733] escape key timeout stuff

Follow-up Comment #6, bug #13733 (project mc):

> [...] I cannot imagine why one would need to adjust it more than once.
you can log into the same machine from different sources - locally, through
serial line, through networks with different latencies. and also you can
share the same config among several machines if you have a networked home.
both cases are not exactly exceptional in heterogenous environments like unis
or even when simply ssh-ing into your box at home.

> > no, i did not read your patch. ;-)
> You could try it at least :) [...]
oil your irony detector, dude. ;)

> In this case Denis Vlasenko's patch should suffice.
i think the env var should override the setting, but both make sense.
ideally, the config dialog would show whether the setting will take effect -
to avoid surprises.

  Message sent via/by Savannah