[bug #13733] escape key timeout stuff

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #13733 (project mc):

> Well, one could always adjust it as per his immediate requirements.

this is *slow*. and extremely annoying if done several times a day.

> Have you noticed that I've added a new configuration dialog ?

no, i did not read your patch. ;-)

> Why do you think an environment variable is more appropriate ?

it is scriptable. without sed-ing the config file, that is.
in the scenarios i drafted this option is rather imposed by the operation
environment than by user preference, so it just makes sense to use something
that is naturally part of the environment.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=13733>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/