[bug #16757] Environment variables in a subshell

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                 Release: 4.6.1
        Operating System: GNU/Linux

Details:

I have a lot of different environments (Python, Java, Postgres and so on),
and I source a config file when I want to change the environment; for example
running "include svn" runs

. $HOME/lib/config/svn

that adds SVN directories to PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and MANPATH. When I do
this under Midnight Commander I have a minor problem with subshell (at least
I think the problem is in the subshell). When I run a program in the mc
command line (type "./a_script", press [Enter]) mc (subshell?) passes the
modified env vars to the program. But if I just press [Enter] on the program
mc passes an old environment as if I didn't source any config file; it seems
after pressing [Enter] on a program mc passes its own original environment,
not the subshell's environment. I think that's a bug; I'd like mc to pass the
modified environment to all programs regardless of the way I start them.

Debian GNU/Linux 3.1, mc 4.6.1-pre3.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=16757>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/