Re: [bug #15524] 2GB file size limit in fish

Hi Pavel,

On Sat, 2006-01-28 at 10:47 +0200, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2006, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, anonymous wrote:
> >
> > > Follow-up Comment #1, bug #15524 (project mc):
> > >
> > > A patch has just been submitted to the debian BTS.
> >
> > Leonard, please, do not commit patches blindly. This might be instructive:
> >
> > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/mc/src/filegui.c?root=mc&sortby=date&r2=1.56&r1=1.55&diff_format=u
> >
> > The whole vfs thing is broken in regard off_t so it should be fixed - not
> > any single manifest of the bug. If you search this archive you'll see
> > similiar problem with tar archives.
>

> Here:
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2005-August/msg00106.html

Please go ahead and fix this more globally. The patch in the message
above certainly has lingered. But the fish fix seemed rather localized
and if I compare with the patch in the message above it looks as if both
patches are supplemental.

Leonard.