Re: [bug #4327] ftpfs confused by certain directory names

Hi Pavel,

On Sat, 2006-01-28 at 10:34 +0200, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> To avoid this in the future, please, give a patch some time and discuss it
> first on the devel list.

Yes, that would have been best, but this issue and it's ins and outs
have been discussed months ago and only Roland joined the discussion.
>From that discussion it became clear to me that limiting accepted input
is the only solution to fix this issue (as distinguishing between spaces
in names and as field separators is impossible). I'd been using the
patch for over a month now with no apparent problems, it's rather
straight forward (don't attempt to parse a fourth date element) so I
didn't think this needed any more discussion. I finally had time to
commit it but Roland beat me to it literally a couple of minutes. But
it's probably better to see some development and an occasional trod on a
toe than no development at all don't you agree?

Leonard.