[bug #9631] Cannot "put tabs only where I want them"

Follow-up Comment #14, bug #9631 (project mc):

the patch seems ok - i guess the p != 0 assertion can be safely made. :)
regarding the log: this is exactly the kind of nitpicking i think you should
not do. doing it yourself this time and adding a hint "next time please
submit a ChangeLog entry with the patch" would be   appropriate, i think.
anyway, here we go:
* edit.c (edit_auto_indent): Remove redundand parameters and change the
indentation strategy to copy whitespace from the previous line instead of
filling up with allegedly equivalent whitespace depending on the tab
setting.

fwiw, if you're a total pedant you can split off the removal of the redundand
parameters into another patch (to be applied first), but i won't waste my time
on it ... :)

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9631>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/