[bug #9631] Cannot "put tabs only where I want them"

Follow-up Comment #6, bug #9631 (project mc):

I think this patch is reasonable. In fact the old implementation is very
questionable. I'll commit your patch if you (and anyone interested) help me a
little. First of all I am not sure which variant of your patch would be best.
I think it is worth to include both variants and made them configurable.
Would you mind extending your patch to add a radio button to the
configuration dialog of mcedit ? It is not a big deal but if you don't want
to do it I can do it for you - in any case I'll need the right wording for
each of the two variants.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9631>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/