[bug #9631] Cannot "put tabs only where I want them"

Follow-up Comment #8, bug #9631 (project mc):

i for one would commit the patch as is. the creation of whitespace-only lines
is already annoying enough as it is (the currently enabled variant of my patch
does not change it in any direction). enabling the other variant would be a
regression in this respect, so i really think it does not make sense to
enable it (even optionally) until trailing whitespace removal is implemented,
and experience from other editors shows that it is non-trivial to get right
(well, it depends on the architecture - i didn't try it for mcedit, yet).

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9631>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/