Re: AMC patches ported to mc-2006-02-03-13.tar.gz

Hi,

> On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, Arpi wrote:
>
> > more-syntax-defs.patch
> >     Syntax highlight definition files for BAssPasC language, MHTML and JASM
>
> I don't see any obstacles to apply this one. But I'd rather let other
> people comment before I commit it since those languages are not widely
> used (IMO).

Probably it's better to put this to the homepage's "Contributed code that
won't be included into the distribution" section... or just ignore.

They are big and very few people uses it... they can add them manualy,
as did before...

> > swap-backslash-and-greyminus.patch
> >     map \ to directory-hotlist instead of unselect-files
>
> What's the rationale here ? Make MC behave like other file managers with
> regard to selecting/deselecting groups of files ? If this is the case

yes. every other FMs i used uses - for unselect, and + for select.
\ is unusual...

> we should at least keep the current shortcut for the directory hotlist.
> The drawback here is that users accustomed to MC may be unpleasantly
> surprised.

yes ;(
but there is no revolution without surprise :)

A'rpi