Re: file coloring

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006, Kisel Jan wrote:

Good day!

I suggest you mc patch to apply file-coloring scheme based on file name
pattern.

So far none of the file highlighting patches submitted to the list was accepted (considered). The reasons differ - incomplete patches, the author doesn't want to change his/her patch and finally the MC maintainer thinks that this feature is not worth adding. I think we should decide whether this is indeed an useful feature or whether patches addressing file
highlighting should be rejected.

You might want to read the thread below:

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc/2002-October/msg00110.html