Re: Proposal for simplification

On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 17:09 +0200, Bálint Kardos wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
>
> > As we are
> > moving to S-Lang 2, we get more libraries to test.  Adding UTF-8 support
> > would likely increase incompatibilities even further (although I would
> > like to be proven wrong on this issue).
>
> as I understand ncurses has UTF-8 support, and it is widely used by developers.
> Is S-Lang2 stable enough to rely on it as an only choice?

Time will show.  I think S-Lang is better maintained than ncurses, so
we'll submit patches if needed.

As I understand, there is a UTF-8 patch for S-Lang but not for ncurses.
You can ask the author of the patch about the motivation.  I assume that
it's just easier to support one library.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin