- From: Pavel Roskin <proski gnu org>
- To: Roland Illig <roland illig gmx de>
- Cc: MC Devel <mc-devel gnome org>
- Subject: Re: MC_ARG_ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE
- Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 10:24:44 -0400
> > Also, NDEBUG is documented in glibc.info - it disables assert(). I
> > don't think it's a good idea. Failed assertions should terminate the
> > program. In my opinion, the only exception is when they are placed by
> > somebody with the purpose of understanding how the program works. Then
> > other users wouldn't need those particular asserts to terminate the
> > program.
> (GNU) grep -wr assert mc
> and see what assert() is used for.
Why don't you use g_assert* functions like the rest of the code does?
Their behavior can be controlled by environment variables (if I remember
correctly), which is much more convenient than a hardcoded choice.
] [Thread Prev