Re: mc 4.6.1-pre3 not working on the linux console

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 12:34:05AM +0200, Ludovic Drolez wrote:
> So I tried mc on a Debian Sid and the linux console, but it was even worse
> than reported: Any non-alphanumeric key did not work and the enter key just
> prints '..' (as if the ESC key was pressed).

hihi ... as we're on the topic of cross-linking environment-specific
ways to obtain modifiers, etc.  it would not surprise me, if this was
an effect of mc thinking alt-ctrl is pressed, because of the alt-ctrl-fx
used to switch to the console.
anyway, i think the most reasonable reply is "unset DISPLAY" ...