Re: PATCH new OOo2 file extensions

Hi, Nerijus!

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 18:36 +0300, Nerijus Baliunas wrote:
> IMHO it's safe to apply to MC_4_6_1_PRE too.

Most changes are safe to apply, but it takes additional time.  I'm
thinking of skipping 4.6.1 and going to 4.7.0 because the changes
accumulated so far exceed by far what is expected from a x.x.1 release.
We are behind time in terms of development.  For example, the "stable"
branch compiles with a significant amount of warnings by the latest gcc.
This wasn't the case when 4.6.0 was released.  The changes required to
fix the warnings were potentially risky (removing "unsigned" in many
places and adding it in functions from ctype.h).  In other words, we
need significant changes just to keep mc as good as it was.

I'm not even talking about Unicode support.  If we ever add it, we
should release 5.0.0.

And what should we do with Alt-O, which works differently in two
branches?  Should we release 4.6.1 and 4.7.0 with different behavior?

I'm sorry, but I don't have time to port every minor fix to the 4.6
branch.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin