Re: To release or not to release ...

Hello Miguel,

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 23:10, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> So instead of preaching `why dont you communicate', what about actually
> communicating and expressing what you think must be done?

I've _repeatedly_ expressed that I would like to see a release candidate
from the MC_4_6_1_PRE tree and have that tested for a week or two to
stamp out any serious bugs that people might find. Minor fixes and other
improvements can go into 4.6.2.

By the way, a serious bug *was* stamped out by Pavel Tsekov, so an
update to latest MC_4_6_1_PRE would be a good thing.

> I have, and this is what he had to say:
>
> 	As for 4.6.1-pre4 tarball, it has been available since June 8:
> 	http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/utils/file/managers/mc/
>
> If all it needs is some blessing, then lets bless that.

See above for an added fix. Apart from putting a tarball in a download
tree some sort of announcement on the home page at ibiblio and Savannah
would be a good idea to draw people's attention.

> What do you suggest must be done?   Bump the number to pre4, or should
> this become 4.6.1, or should this be 4.6.2?

4.6.1.

Leonard.