Re: To release or not to release ...

Hello Miguel,

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 16:59, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> I did a release which got posted here.

Posting a tarball extracted from CVS to the list is not what I would
call "doing a release".

> Then a kind developer told me that I skipped one number (I do not think
> its a major issue, and he re-released) and posted here.

How do you expect to "maintain" a project if you don't communicate with
the developers on their perception of the necessary steps to take? You
do an occasional post to this list and then you disappear again for
weeks.

> The only issue is that I need to get an account on ibiblio to make it
> completely official.  I will ask for one.

Can't you arrange this with Pavel Roskin? I think he has all the
necessary access credentials to the relevant sites.

Leonard.

P.S. By the way, we did fix a double free that caused a crash on some
systems recently. Please don't forget to update before releasing.

P.P.S. As any form of coordination in the release schedule is obviously
too much to ask I will refrain from asking for a pre release. Let's have
a release. With an official announcement please ;) .