Re: Announcement of mc-4.6.1-pre4


On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 13:24, Pavel Shirshov (pchel) wrote:
> I've created a new cvs tag MC_4_6_1_pre4 and deleted MC_4_6_1_PRE5A
> since it had a wrong version nunmber. I've created a new tarball based
> on MC_4_6_1_pre4 - it can be found here:
> Now, we need to inform all interested parties (translators,
> maintainers and news sites).

Could one of the maintainers please release this tarball as a release
candidate? Give it a week or maybe to so downstream can verify their
patch sets and we can stamp out the newly introduced bugs ;) .

I think some of you would just want this to be released as 4.6.1 final
immediately. I think that's a bad idea as it is bad practice. I would
like to be sure no new bugs have been introduced in the frenzy of last
week. Having a release candidate before the final release is also just
good practice and having waited for half a year 1 or 2 weeks won't hurt
that much :) .

In the mean time we could work a little on the homepage(s). Are we going
to use the wiki that Miguel set up? If so don't we need some style
changes (nice sunflower, but hey, we're not wikipedia). And do we need
to point Savannah and the Ibiblio homepage to the new home? Things like


mount -t life -o ro /dev/dna /genetic/research

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]