RE: New Maintainer for MC Project

From: mc-devel-bounces gnome org [mailto:mc-devel-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Fudoki Wilkinson
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 11:42 PM
To: MC Devel List
Subject: Re: New Maintainer for MC Project

From: Fudoki Wilkinson <fudoki wilkinson gmail com>
Date: Jun 8, 2005 12:32 AM
To: Pavel Roskin <proski gnu org>

Greetings Pavel,

On 6/7/05, Pavel Roskin < proski gnu org> wrote:
Hello!

Quoting Fudoki Wilkinson <fudoki wilkinson gmail com>:

> This message was not answered by Pavel until until 6 June, after the offer
> of help had been withdrawn.

Still, you didn't have my endorsement that you claimed you had.
"Go ahead" meant "post whatever you want to the list", not "take over the
project".

All I have ever said is we were posting our offer to the mailing list with your permission amd blessing.  I have never said you approved or did not approve of the offer itself.  How could I - you never said?  If you believe there is an example of me claiming you advocated approval of our offer, show it to me.  It is not there, and you deliberately misrepresented what I said using two out of context lines.  Not fair, or right.

How about this quote from your June 4 2005 09:05:32 -0400 posting

[quote]
I have also been talking to our leadership, and to Pavel Roskin, about offering to become the new Maintainer of the Midnight Commander Project, and Pavel has encouraged me to do so.  Pavel only wants what is best for Midnight Commander to be successful.
[/quote]

This clearly seems that you are saying that Pavel has already approved of your proposal.

If you can't remember what you've written, please read the archives. That's what they are there for.

Thanks,
Ryan