File renaming helper request

Hello all,

I wonder if there would be a way to allow easy 1-file renaming by including
the filename itself in the Move dialog (when only 1 file is selected) so that
the filename can just be "changed".

For instance, if I want to rename a very long filename in order to fix a typo
in the filename, w/ mc 4.6.1-pre3 as w/ mc for ages, I press F6 over the file
then I have to re-type the full filename (including the typo fix of course).
This is not easy and I can even make typos more :-). If the filename was in
the Move dialog, I would just have to change the incorrect character(s)
instead of typing the full filename, which is not accurate for what I need.

Any agreement?

Regards,

--
wwp