Re: Restoring the functionality of Alt-o

Hello,

> >MdI>     A long time ago I added Alt-o as a binding that would help in
> >MdI> navigating directories.  The idea is that in one panel you press Alt-o,
> >MdI> and if the selection is on a directory, it will load the contents of the
> >MdI> highlighted directory into the other panel.  If no directory was
> >MdI> selected, this was a no-op.
> >
> >MdI>     At some point this behavior was removed from mc, and now instead it
> >MdI> just loads the current directory on the other panel, which is not very
> >MdI> useful for navigating anything.
> >
> >     http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2002-November/msg00039.html
> >
> >MdI>     I remember having this discussion with Pavel but I forget the
> >MdI> rationale for it.  I would like to get this change reverted in CVS.  Any
> >MdI> objections?
> >
> >     I'm agreed with you. Old behavior of ALT-O is more good.
> >
> Yes, the old variant is more preferable, and we patch upstream releases
> each time for it.
> My variant attached (as an example). It is against latest RedHat`s
> fedora-devel build.

I have now changed the behavior of Alt-o, and added a new Alt-i key
binding that keeps the current behavior.

There is no configuration option to switch, because in the long term
different mc installations would behave differently.

As for the preference of Alt-o over Alt-i, given that mc was not
released for a very long time, the user base is probably split 50-50 so
either way was going to cause trouble.

Miguel.