Re: [patch] Synchronization of the panels

Hello,

> > Please consider my patch to synchronize the panels with hard drives
> > state.
> >
> note that dnotify prevents a watched directory from being unmounted (one
> of the reasons why it is being replaced). that means one has to leave
> the dir in question in both panels. no problem as such, but it might
> lead to surprises ...

It could be argued that if mc is watching a directory, mc is in that
directory so unmounting should not be an issue at this point, but
adopting something like inotify in the long run seems like a better
option.

The other problem with the patch is that it lacks the configure magic to
work on non-dnotify systems, and also lacks support for not aborting if
the code is not available in the current kernel.

The patch is a nice one, but it needs to be productized.