Re: When will mc-4.6.2 be released?

Hello Marcel,

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 14:25 +0100, Marcel Pol wrote:

> Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> | The problem with Fedora using a 4.6.1a tarball is caused by the fact
> | that Jindrich Novy didn't read pchel's message that HEAD is now a post
> | 4.6.1 branch and he should have been updating to MC_4_6_1_PRE instead.
>
> A small problem that comes from that is that the utf8 patches are
> developed against head now. There are a few rejects when applying to
> current 4.6.1. Since I'm no C coder I'm not able to upgrade the Mandrake
> package to current 4.6.1, and I'd rather not touch head.
>
> The failed hunks apply to these files:
> edit/editcmd.c
> src/view.c
>
> Would it be possible for someone to look at this? I asked Jindrich Novy
> directly but didn't get an answer, and the 0.4 release of the src.rpm is
> still based on head.

I sent you a reply in the same day that I received your
email, but I got an immediate delivery failure, because
there were pernament fatal errors delivering the message to
mpol[at]mandrake.org - the address you sent me your request
from and I had no clue to figure out what's your working email.

I forwarded you my answer once again today to the gmx.net
mailbox that you currently use. I did a few another fixes
to the UTF8 pathes that haven't occur at rawhide yet. If you
still need to sync the UTF8 patches with your version of mc
including the latest fixes, please let me know.

greetings,
Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy redhat com>, http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/