Re: extfs audio.in & hp48.in patch

Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
Hello Roland,

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 02:27, q# wrote:

hp48_cd()
{
(echo SET EXIT WARNING OFF;echo REMOTE HOST HOME
-for HP48_DIR in `echo "$*" | tr '/' ' '`;do
+for HP48_DIR in `echo "$1" | tr '/' ' '`;do

As I said: Please discuss before committing. In two steps this part has
now totally been ruined.

It's like a déjà vu. I'll take a committing break.

Maybe the quoting in this place was wrong. My mistake. But I didn't ask
you to commit, only to review. Now $* has changed from "$*" into "$1"
which is definitely *not* what is supposed to be.

*sigh* I don't like my behaviour. :(

But I think that the new version works. Everywhere the function hp48_cd() is called, it gets exactly one argument. This argument is splitted into path components, and as the `echo ...` is not enclosed in quotes, it expands to 0..n words.

Roland