Re: extfs audio.in & hp48.in patch

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 02:27:37AM +0200, q# wrote:
> -    BASE=$2
> +    BASE="$2"

pointless

> -$KERMIT -C "SET EXIT WARNING OFF,REMOTE $*,QUIT"
> +$KERMIT -C "SET EXIT WARNING OFF,REMOTE $@,QUIT"

counter-productive:

# set -- one two three
# for i in "you $@ suck"; do echo $i; done
you one
two
three suck
#

i think the behaviour isn't even specified.

> -case $1 in
> +case "$1" in

pointless

i suggest you read and internalize a [posix] shell documentation (ash/dash
seems like a good candidate) before starting to fix shell scripts. btw,
the autoconf manual gives a good overview of shell incompatibilites -
for those of you who think one can't overdo quoting.