Re: [patch] TODO for 4.6.1: ./file in tar archive

Hi Andrew,

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 16:46, Andrew V. Samoilov wrote:
> Edit dot.cpio and replace abc with ./b. Tap into dot.cpio.
> I think this will be definitely understand that tar.c is wrong place to fix
> this issue.

Hadn't tried that. cpio will remove the leading dots if you feed it dot
slash files from the command line. But I agree with you fixing every
individual case is probably not what we want to do.

> > What about the license issues Roland mentions? Are those a real concern?
>
> I think
> $ grep canonocalize_pathname vfs/*.c
> clears this completely.

Obviously being used. Which does not say that Roland could not
technically be correct that LGPL can't link to GPL.

> > The broken pipe issue is still being worked on as Roland reported
> > yesterday. Don't you want to have that fixed before 4.6.1?
>
> IMHO this is not blocker issue.

Not in my mind either. It mostly depends on how long it takes to fix.

> It could be included together via configure option.

I remember. The extension menu right?

Leonard.