Can't open any RPM file

Hi,

Just updates from CVS and built mc. I now can't browse RPM packages. I
tried to restore old /usr/local/share/extfs/rpm* files, but that
doesn't solve the problem. mc gives "inconsistent extfs acrhive
message" on all rpms. Checked about 20 packages, all of them are okay,
some of them are installed.

Pressing F3 on RPM files shows it's contents correclty.

How can I reach rpm's error messages for debugging this?

System: ALT Linux Sisyphus (20040813)
Kernel: Linux dmi.home 2.4.26-std-up-alt5 #1 Mon Jun 28 21:59:23 MSD
2004 i686 unknown unknown GNU/Linux
Locale:

Locale [dmi dmi mc]$ locale
LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R