Re: Patches for mc-4.5.51

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Pavel Roskin wrote:
>
> > If you believe in rumors that the new mc requires GNOME 2 and
> > XFree86 as some posters here implied, please adjust your
> > reality :-)

The following makes me wonder if some distribution requires the
XFree86 libraries.

From src/ChangeLog:

2003-02-22  Pavel Tsekov

        * acinclude.m4 [AC_G_MODULE_SUPPORTED]: New macro.
        * configure.in: Test for gmodule.  Don't link mc with libX11 if
        gmodule is supported.

2002-12-23  Pavel Roskin

        * configure.in: Enable X11 support by default, use --without-x
        to disable.

So, does 4.6.0 by default require it ? 2003-02-22 is after
the release.

http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2003-Jul/1031.html

Well, it's up to the distribution maintainers. I don't know
what SuSE did.

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html