Re: Patches for mc-4.5.51

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> Hi!
>
> below you will find some patches against mc-4.5.51 that are
> currently part of the NetBSD Packages Collection, pkgsrc, to get your
> software build properly on NetBSD and maybe some other platforms. We'd
> be pleased if you could include as much of these patches into your next
> release as possible, thanks!

I remember reviewing and applying something similar before 4.5.55 release.
I don't see anything in this patch that wasn't addressed in some form.
Current stable version is 4.6.0.  I'm surprised that you are still using
version 4.5.51, which is more than 3 years old.

What would you do with a patch for NetBSD 1.4 kernel if I sent it to you
today?

If you mistrust development that happened after 4.5.51, then I'll
appreciate if you explain the reasons.  Stability and portability has been
the focus of the recent releases.  Version 4.6.0 was tested by Valgrind
for memory errors, and several of them have been found and fixed.  This
tool didn't even exist when 4.5.51 was released.

If you believe in rumors that the new mc requires GNOME 2 and XFree86 as
some posters here implied, please adjust your reality :-)

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin