Re: Be careful with latest CVS

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Ali Akcaagac wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 23:08, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> > I have restored the old code in quick_callback() but added a
> > comment. If you are using a CVS version from the last three days,
> > please upgrade. Sorry for inconvenience.
>
> CVS HEAD from this morning
>
> C-x s (symlink)
>
> Still in quickmode, no OK/Cancel function only switching from one field
> to another. I hope that you don't keep that behavior because I expect to
> have it do an OK when pressing return and switching from one field to
> another with pressing TAB. (Basically the old way).

Thanks for report.  The problem is that the existing code is very
inconsistent in treating Enter on focusable widgets other than buttons.

Sometimes Enter would move focus to the next widget, sometimes it would be
equivalent to the "OK" button, even if there is no such button in the
dialog.

Normal dialogs move focus on Enter.  Quick dialogs had a callback to
intercept Enter and close the dialog.  The problem is that the user
doesn't know if the dialog is implemented as quick dialog or not.

I decided that if there is a default button (marked by "[<" and ">]"),
Enter would activate it.  Otherwise, the focus moves to the next field.
I think that's a logical behavior.

The "Find File" dialog was moving the focus despite having the default
button.  Now it turns out that the "Symbolic link" dialog doesn't have a
default button, but expects to be closed by Enter.

I have added "OK" and "Cancel".  This also makes it possible to close the
dialog by the mouse.

We can close all dialogs on Enter.  It's not hard to do, but I'm not sure
if everybody would approve.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin