Re: A proposal for Midnight Commander

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 21:48, Nerijus Baliunas wrote:
> > do not see any difference from operation only that the handful
> > glib calls gonna be replaced with native glibc ones which imo
> > is a good sign to go in the right direction again.
>
> Pavel said he will do that when these calls disappear from glib.

He actually said that he is going to replace DEPRECATED glib
functioncalls with NEW functioncalls inside glib. Not replacing them
with glibc alternatives. Which is quite a big difference.

> but if you want to do that, you are welcome.

Are you the new maintainer of Midnight Commander ? From what I
understood is that Pavel doesn't plan to have that one changed. If so
then I can write a bunch of parts to have glib dependency removed. Yes I
am willing to do this - with help of others this could be done in a
couple of hours.