Re: MC + zsh: prompt problem

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> > Here is my (short) analysis of the problem:
> > http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-03/msg01501.html
> >
> > Are you aware of this problem ? Do you consider it worth fixing ?
>
> Yes, I'm aware of the problem.  From TODO:
>
> Don't read prompt from the subshell, because it's unreliable.  Interpret
> environment variable MC_PS1 (or PS1) in the same way as bash.

Thanks, for the prompt response. Obviously, I took the hard way to find
what is causing the problem :) Next time I'll be more careful in expecting
the available resources.

Is there any discussion on this list on how to implement this feature ? I
might be interested in coding it.

Btw looking through the TODO list I find the following line in the section
"In the 4.7 branch":

Dynamic loading for libX11, libgpm.

I think libX11 should be removed.