Re: xterm_title patch 898

* Tomas Styblo <tripie cpan org>, 07/01/2003, 07:21

> * Thomas Zajic <zlatko gmx at> [Mon, 06 Jan 2003]:
> > Seems to work fine so far, although it adds a noticable 5 second delay
> > when starting mc, mc -v, or mcedit from the command line and/or as an
> > external editor/viewer from Mutt/Slrn, both locally and remote. There
> > is no such delay when invoking mcedit and mc -v by pressing F3/F4 from
> > within mc, neither locally nor remote.
>
> The delay should happen only when the terminal is not able to
> report the title.

Now that's strange, because AFAICT it _does_ report the proper title, or
at least mc is _somehow_ able to restore it upon exit. Do you have some
fallback(s) in place to get the title, ie. something other than what you
are trying to do within the 5 seconds?

> What terminal emulator do you use ?

As I wrote in my original mail, I'm using Slackware-8.1's standard Xterm
from XFree86-4.2.0:

| [zlatko disclosure]:~/tmp$ xterm -v
| XFree86 4.2.0(165)

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thomas
--
-  Thomas "ZlatkO" Zajic    <zlatko gmx at>     Linux-2.4.19 & Mutt-1.4i  -