Re: xterm_title patch 898

* Tomas Styblo <tripie cpan org>, 05/01/2003, 05:39

> In my humble opinion the restore does not work over network
> because the implementation is fundamentally broken.
> [...]
>
> Please try the patch attached to this message and report whether
> the remote host problem went away.
>
> But please note that the patch is an experimental version and may
> not compile on your platform at all.

Seems to work fine so far, although it adds a noticable 5 second delay
when starting mc, mc -v, or mcedit from the command line and/or as an
external editor/viewer from Mutt/Slrn, both locally and remote. There
is no such delay when invoking mcedit and mc -v by pressing F3/F4 from
within mc, neither locally nor remote.

Tested on Slackware 8.1, XFree86 4.2.0, Xterm version "XFree86 4.2.0(165)".

HTH,
Thomas
--
-  Thomas "ZlatkO" Zajic    <zlatko gmx at>     Linux-2.4.19 & Mutt-1.4i  -