Re: a small fix for QNX 6.x

Hello!

> QNX 6.x console driver (both devc-con and devc-pcon) is a bit buggy
> dealing with 8bit characters. A.e. printing out 0x9a leads to
> inserting a weird string ' 6c' to stdin.
> One can't use full 8bit output with mc, cause localized filenames or
> viewing binary file could corrupt the screen or even crash mc itself.
>
> +#ifdef __QNXNTO__

I understand that it's just a quick hack, but you are confusing the terminal and
the OS.  If you login from QNX console to another OS (e.g. FreeBSD), you still
want the remote mc to work around this defect of the QNX terminal without having
to disable clean 8-bit output on FreeBSD.

Maybe it's better to have a list of the ISO-only terminals?  xterm-like
terminals are already treated as such.

It would be great if mc could figure it out from the terminfo database, just
like other terminal properties.

Another approach would be to remove the "clean 8-bit" option and use charset
conversion for the charsets using the problematic 0x80-0x9f region.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin