RE: Syntax file for JavaScript

> From: Pavel Roskin [mailto:proski gnu org]
[...]

> I don't really understand why you implemented number
> highlighting in such strange way.
> Maybe you just had a problem figuring out how to do it
> right?  That's understandable, since the syntax is weird.
Yes, you're right!  ;)
Thank you for clearing this out.

> I also moved the numbers before "-",
> so that negative numbers are highlighted too.

Based on you rules for numbers I created more powerful rules, that cover
everything from hex numbers and numbers with decimal point to scientific
notation. ("-" before negative numbers is highlighted as unary operator,
not as a part of number).
You can test all these rules using attached file js-number-test.js.

Please, look at new js.syntax.
I applied to it changes from CVS, added new number highlighting rules
and made some smaller changes.

I think you also need to add js.syntax to syntax/Makefile.am
Here is a trivial patch for that. (Makefile.am.patch)

Regards,
Vlad Romanenko.